Plan for Immune priming injection vs. emersion pilot
Main goals for Spring Quarter
- Test efficacy emersion in PolyIC bath. We don’t know what concentration to test yet. Lets wait for response from french collaborator.
- Test MgCL as an option for knocking out oysters. Notes. See proposed protocol below. Let’s play around with it this week and see if they die.
- PolyIC injections, sample tissue next day. Let’s plan on doing that the week of April 3-7. Tenative Wednesday from 11-2pm.
- RNA extractions - tenative Friday April 7th.
- 1 L container w/ 50 g L−1 MgCl in water
- Water is a dilution medium: 600 mL freshwater and 400 L seawater to maintain salinity at 35–38%.
- Place 10 oysters in container for 8 hrs.
- Return and record number gaping. Oysters were considered as anaesthetised when, after three successive gentle pressures on valves, shell closure was not observed.
- If NONE are open, let sit over night (look again)
- If any are open, remove and return to seawater for recovery. Record any mortality next day-7days.